Wow wasn't that a night, still can't believe it. All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm so proud to have been nominated with the best of the best from Ottawa's wedding industry. Thank you to Mike and my family who believed in me from the very beginning, to all the brides who trusted me to create magic, to my amazingly talented staff who works beside me everyday, and to all my loyal customers who have followed me all these years on this crazy journey. I am truly blessed and honoured to have won this award. Thank you!! Dream, Create, Share!!
News Release - Kellys Flowers Recognized at Ottawa Wedding Awards - April 2016
Kelly's Flowers is very happy to have been a part of Isabelle and Mathieu's wedding at Stonefield's on June 20, 2015. Their wedding was featured in the EMC Wedding Guide in February 2016, "A Chance meeting turns into romance".
Story by : David D. Johnston
photos: Melanie Lauzon Photography
Click on the images to larger version
The Magazine write up..
Kelly’s Flowers and Gift Boutique is a charming boutique-style florist located in Perth Ontario’s historic Code’s Mill building. With its romantic heritage feel, this building has become a leading wedding destination province-wide. In fact, the town of Perth is currently considered to be the wedding capital of Ontario.
Your love story is one of a kind, and your flowers should be too. From locally sourced to rare imports- if you dream it, Kelly’s will create it, so that you may share your vision with those who mean the most. “Dream, Create, Share”
Kelly’s award- winning team specializes in modern and contemporary wedding designs and works with brides to provide a personalized service in order to create the most breathtaking and unique floral arrangements.
From the initial free consultation, right through to your big day; Kelly’s takes pride in the detailed service it provides to each and every bride who walks through the door.
Tips for Choosing your Wedding Flowers
"A bride's bouquet is a once in a life-time accessory”. As such, owner & designer Krista Mackler considers it to be the statement piece at your wedding. Her advice? Focus on what you desire most in your dream bouquet. Once your deam bouquet is selected, you can explore different options to ensure that your coordinating pieces carry the theme, while still fitting within your budget."
Here are some other things for brides to consider when planning:
- Set a budget
- Don’t worry too much about the current trend; let your choice reflect your personal style and taste
- No matter how many times you may hear that flowers don’t last; flowers are the finishing touch that leaves a lasting impression of your day
- Pinterest like crazy and come prepared to your consultation with images to show your likes and dislikes; trust in your florist’s knowledge and experience on how to achieve your vision.
- Keep in mind that the season in which you wed will affect your choice; if a flower is out of season it can be imported, but at a higher cost. You can still achieve the same look with seasonal flowers in a similar colour.
- Create a list of required floral pieces early in the planning. Can any be reused (ie: bouquets used on the head table instead, church arrangements moved to the reception space)?
- Prearrange all set up details and delivery location and times to eliminate a phone call to coordinate on the day of.